Disclaimer – The Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013
We respect your right to privacy and therefore aim to ensure that we comply with the legal requirement of the Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013 which regulates the manner in which we collect, process, store, share and destroy any personal information which you have provided to us.
We collect personal information in order to liaise with you telephonically, via our website or email so that we may:
- Respond to any query or comment received from you;
- Inform you of new offers;
- Process, validate and verify information and requests for the supply of goods and/or services;
- Process the information in line with the specific purpose for which it has been provided; and
- Generally improve your experience on our website.
Processing of Information
We will share your personal information:
- In order to comply with applicable legislation or with legal process served on our company;
- In order to protect and defend the rights or property of our company.
- Treat your personal information as strictly confidential;
- Take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and is protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access;
- Promptly notify you if we become aware of any unauthorised use, disclosure or processing of your personal information;
- Provide you with reasonable evidence of our compliance with our obligations under this policy on reasonable request; and
- We will not retain your personal information longer than the period for which it was originally required, unless we are required by law to do so, or you consent to us retaining such information for a longer period.
Although we take the aforementioned precautions in protecting your personal information, we shall however not be liable for any loss or damage, howsoever arising, suffered as a result of the disclosure of such information if outside our reasonable control.
You have the right at any time to:
- Rectify the Personal Information collected by us;
- Object to the processing of Personal Information (subject to applicable legislation);
- Request the return or destruction of your Personal Information (subject to applicable legislation);
- Lodge a complaint with the company.